Taste of the Trail – Chatfield, Harmony, Preston, Fountain
Experience the Taste of the Trail on the three Saturdays after Labor Day in September.
Each community will give you a “Taste” of their towns with different activities, food, music and much more! Enjoy what is special about each community while you pedal your way through the beauty of Bluff County along the Root River.
- Pop-Up Market, Food Samples & Music | City Park
- New Fall Inventory & Giveaways | Shops & Boutiques
- Citywide Garage Sales | Contact the Chatfield News to add a sale: email@example.com
- History Museum Open | Public Library
- UPick Flowers | Berry & Bloom Farm, 6945 150th Ave SE
- Bruce Springsteen Tribute | Potter Auditorium | 7:30p
- Fall City Wide Garage Sales – Maps will be available on gethookedonpreston.com or at the Preston Visitor’s Center
- Watch the tractors take off for the Bluff Country Tractor Ride at 9am from the Fillmore County Fairgrounds Saturday and Sunday!
- Preston Pop Up Market – 9am-1pm – Downtown Preston – Shop with more than 20 vendors and stop by the pop-up Tourism Booth to take a selfie with the BIG Trout!
- Check out the Self-Guided Historic Walking Tour and 9-Hole Fishing Course. Maps and brochures available at the Preston Visitor’s Center!
- FREE Fly Casting Instruction for kids or adults down at Trailhead Park – 10am-Noon
- Orvis Fly Fishing 101 Class 9am-1pm – Driftless Fly Fishing Co. – More info at minnesotaflyfishing.com
- Preston Rocks Library Story Hour and Rock Painting – 9am-11am – Preston Public Library
- Preston Fire Department Dance and Raffle – The Club – Time and a Half Band 8pm-Midnight – Raffle Drawing @ 10pm
- Historic Forestville Tours and Family Yard Games – 10am-4pm – mnhs.org/Forestville
- Grab some Tastes of Preston from Trout City Brewing (open early for coffee), Preston Foods, Branding Iron, B&B Bowl and Preston Liquor
- Stop by The Club for a Bloody Mary starting at 10am or grab a Pulled Pork Sandwich at 11am. Help support our local Veteran Organizations!
- Shop for Fall at Preston Floral, Baukol’s Woodworks, JuliaClaire, Urban Artifacts, Blossom Hill Orchard and Hoffman Tack Shop!
Activities at the Trailhead/park and will include demonstrations, samples, and instructions to visit various businesses Fountain.
A few garage sales.
- Village square
- History Center
- Sugar Creek Winery
- First State Bank
- and more!
- City-wide Garage Sales Friday and Saturday – Maps available at Harmony Foods, Kwik Trip and Harmony Visitor Center
- Mini-Shop Hop Friday, Saturday and Sunday ~ Pick up a card at a participating business or visitor center and get a punch in each column to be entered into a prize drawing
- Niagara Cave Tours Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Amish Tours Friday and Saturday
- Historic Walking Tour – Pick up Map at Visitor Center
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Family games/activities at the Visitor Center (Bubble station, sidewalk chalk, bean bags and more)
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Photo Booth/Selfie Station at the visitor center
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Open House at McMichael Grain Elevator – Harmony Historical Society
- 10 a.m. Fall Vendor Show at Tin, Rust & Harmony
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Samples and Specials on Main Street and throughout Business District