Taste of the Trail – Rushford Area, Houston
Experience the Taste of the Trail on the three Saturdays after Labor Day in September from 10am to 2pm.
Each community will give you a “Taste” of their towns with different activities, food, music and much more! Enjoy what is special about each community while you pedal your way through the beauty of Bluff County along the Root River.
September 25, 2021
Rushford Area | Houston
Rushford Area Taste of the Trail – September 25 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Start at the Rushford Historic Depot/Visitors Center where you’ll find:
– Live Music by Travis Oppelt, 11-2
– Pumpkins and gourds for sale
– Activities for kids
– Fresh, free popcorn from the Rushford Lions Club
– Grandpa Don’s Market – products and information
– Rushford Fire Department Open House, right next door
– Book signing by local author Cassie Hungerholt Meyer
– Rushford Area History
Grab a map to local businesses offering a “taste” around town:
– The Creamery
– Stumpy’s Restaurant
– Norsland Lefse – you betcha, it’s lefse samples
– Pam’s Corner Convenience
– Jessie Street Java
– Shawnee’s Bar & Grill
– Rushford Public Library
– St. Joseph’s Catholic Church Bake Sale & Farmers Market
Houston’s Taste of the Trail event this year will once again be celebrated with a Block Party.
The event will run from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. on the 25th
We have plans for live music, food and activities put on by local businesses and organizations, and will also include a wine and craft beer tasting for those of age, of course. It all takes place at the paved alley and parking lot running behind JT’s Bar & Grill (which is at 125 E Cedar St, Houston, MN 55943).
In case of inclement weather, it will be held under the shelter at the Houston Hoedown Fest Grounds accessible off of Cedar St.