Saturday, September 17th
- Stop at the Visitor Center for kid’s activities and to get information about our area from our friendly staff and volunteers!
- Citywide Garage Sales
- Open house at the Historic McMichael Grain Elevator Restoration Project; directed by the Harmony Area Historical Society. (Near the Visitor Center).
- On the Crunchy Side will be offering samples of pizza and cheesecake.
- Estelle’s Eatery and Bar will be offering samples of their butternut squash soup. Live-music (LaBarge), on their patio from 6-8pm
- BReaKeRs will offer samples of their ice cream treats in store.
- The Bite will be offering food samples, in store.
- New Generations of Harmony will host their last outdoor Flea Market of the year from 10-5. The Amish farmers’ market stand will also be open during that time, as well as the Antique Mall itself!
- Harmony Gardens & Floral will be up town at Kingsley Mercantile, but also stop at their Hwy.52 location to check out their fall decor!
- Bee Balm will be open from 10-5 and will be having a sidewalk sale (weather permitting), as well as sampling Stonewall Kitchen products (salsas, mustards, jam).
- Farm Charm will be offering samples of their Door County coffee line.
- Find Asahi Loft of Harmony downtown along our business district, serving cold Japanese green tea and giving out origami cranes. (At Visitor Center in the event of inclement weather.)
- Kingsley Mercantile will be serving snack mix.
- The JEM Theatre will be playing music (10-2 from the marquee) and giving out cotton candy and popcorn.
- First Southeast Bank will be handing out water and can koozies.
Please stop by our lovely community, whether cycling in via the Trail or making a day or weekend trip by vehicle! We look forward to seeing you in Harmony!
- 9am-10:30am F&M Community Bank Shred Day – Parking Lot – FREE – Bring your documents to shred!
- 10am-Gone A Taste of Preston’s Norwegian Heritage – Preston Floral + Gift – Lefse and rommegrot samples!
- 9am – Preston Historical Society Tractor Ride leaves from Fill. Co. Fairgrounds Saturday & Sunday
- 9am- 11am – Orvis Beginner’s Fly Fishing 101 – Driftless Fly Fishing Co. – FREE – Call 507-765-4915 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up!
- 10am-2pm Preston Area Community Foundation’s 25th Anniversary Donor Appreciation Station @ F&M Community Bank
- 10am-2pm Preston Pop Up Market – 37 vendors, Los Arcos Food Truck, Music by Janine Sherry & Friends
- 10am-2pm Pop Up Preston Visitors Center – Learn about the State Veteran Home, snag a Preston T-Shirt (sale!) and learn more about the Disc Golf Course
- 10am-2pm Preston Historical Society Elevator & Caboose Tours
- 10am-3pm Preston Library Kid Craft Stop by the Preston Public Library downtown on Saturday for a fun kid craft!
- 11am-5pm – Historic Forestville Tours – mnhas.org/Forestville for more info
- 11am-12:15pm Equine Program – Hoof Boots for Trail Riding – Historic Forestville – mnhs.org/Forestville for more info
- 2pm-4pm North Forestville Guided Hike – Historic Forestville – mnhs.org/Forestville for more info
- Friday-Saturday Fall Garage Sales – Maps available at GetHookedOnPreston.com and Visitors Center after Wednesday.
- 8pm – Preston Fire Dance & Raffle Drawing – Time and a Half Band – Dance at 8pm – Raffle Drawing at 10pm
- ALL DAY – Fish Preston’s 9-Hole Fishing Course – maps available at prestonmnchamber.com or at the Visitor’s Center
- ALL DAY Trout Selfies @ Trailhead Park
- ALL DAY Self-Guided Historic Walking Tour Grab a brochure at the Pop-Up Tourism Table and learn about all the history in downtown Preston! You can also view the information here.
- Stay tuned for full list of Preston’s Tastes and Shops! Map will be available at Preston Visitors Center and GetHookedOnPreston.com
Saturday, September 24th
Visit Rushford for the Taste of the Trail on September 24 for music, local flavors, and fall fun!
Start at the Rushford Historic Depot/Visitors Center where you’ll find:
- Live Music 11am-2pm by Spartz Electric! (Bring a lawn chair to stay awhile.)
- Pumpkins and gourds for sale
- Rushford Fire Department Open House, right next door
- Rushford Area History – tour the historic buildings, “Rushford Lager” t-shirts for sale
- Root River Trail t-shirts for sale
Grab a map to local businesses offering a “taste” around town:
- The Creamery – tastes of beef, pork and chicken chislic
- Stumpy’s Restaurant – tastes of pizza, tap beers and sodas
- Norsland Lefse – you betchya, it’s lefse samples
- Rushford Foods – samples, free pizza cutters (while supplies last), win a mug
- Rushford Public Library
- Rushford American Legion Post #94
Saturday, September 10th
Location: Bandstand and Mill Street
ENJOY OUR EARLY FALL DECORATIONS
12:00 – 1:00 Special Event – by Laura Deering
- The Ancient Rocks of our Region: City Hall
10:00 – 2:00 Special Tastes
- Help Make Apple Cider, then Taste
- The Driftless Farm to Table Eatery – Tastes of Brisket
- Peterson American Legion – Tastes of Fall Beer
10:00 – 2:00 Special Events
- Vote for Best Light Post Decorations on Mill Street –
Pick up Voter Registration at City Hall
- Music at the Bandstand by Cat and the Fiddle
- Peterson State Fish Hatchery – Lake Trout and More –
The DNR is happy to answer your questions
- Paint Rocks
- Play Golf (putting challenge)
- Music at The Driftless Trading Post (11a-2p) by Bruce Greenwood
- Gnome Ring Toss
- $1 Hot Dogs and Cold Beverages by Friends of Peterson
- 1877 Peterson Station Museum – New Annex
- Visit Second Museum in Peterson – Turned Write Art
Antique and Collectible Sewing Supplies/Machines
- Gnome Photo Opportunities’: East side of Post Office,
Museum, and Trail
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Free Samples of locally-made Norwegian favorites, including lefse and rommegrot. Located right on the trail.
- Live Music by Matt and Brenda Stier in the gazebo
- Vendor sales along the trail featuring local products and small items from Whalan’s own businesses.
10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Grab some pie at the Aroma Pie Shop
9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Lanesboro Farmers Market – Sylvan Park. Fresh local produce, canned goods, baked items, honey, maple syrup, goat milk soap.
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Vendors on Lawn by Visitor Center
10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Rockin’ the Trail in front of Iron Horse Outfitters and Inn Featuring local musicians performing throughout the day – Headliner “Slippin’ Jimmy” performing 3 to 5 p.m. Free
- Fall Craft Beer and Wine Fest – Participating businesses include Sylvan Brewing, Root River 102, American Legion, Root River Saloon, High Court Pub, Granny’s Liquor, Pedal Pushers Cafe, Home Sweet Home Cafe & Cakery and Juniper’s. Enjoy a variety of beer, wine, drinks and food in downtown Lanesboro. Times vary by establishment
6 to 7:30 p.m.
- Rhythms on the Root featuring Jaedyn James – Gateway Park – Tickets are $15 for individuals, age 13 and older; free for children 12 and under, but tickets still required. Call 507-467-2446 or email email@example.com to reserve tickets. Seating will be first come, first served general admission. Bring your own lawn chair or blanket to sit on in the park!
- “Good People” at the Commonweal Theatre – Adults $35, Students $15 – Call the Box Office for tickets (800) 657-7025
7:30 to 10:30 p.m.
- Joel Ward performs Americana, Folk and Blues at the High Court Pub. Free Admission.