Minnesota’s Trout Capital!
Preston is located along the Root River in scenic Historic Bluff Country. Located in the “Driftless Region” of the state, the Preston area was untouched by glaciers and is now a mecca of karst geology, hardwood forests, abundant wildlife, and numerous springs, brooks, and streams.
Also known as “Minnesota’s Trout Capital,” Preston is a welcoming family-fun destination offering visitors a variety of entertaining, educational, and recreational activities to choose from:
- Fish blue ribbon cold water streams
- Bike, hike, or ski two state trails
- Visit the National Trout Center
- Take a Mystery Cave Tour
- Experience an Amish Tour
- Canoe, tube, or kayak along the Root River
- Go back in time with costumed guides at Historic Forestville, a 19th century pioneer village
- Visit Forestville State Park
- Visit the Minnesota State Veterans Cemetery
- Snowmobile miles of groomed trails
Preston offers shopping, fine dining, unique overnight accommodations and camping facilities. Reach us via the Historic Bluff Country National Scenic Byway or fly into the Fillmore County Airport to start your Preston adventure experience. Now’s the time to “Get Hooked on Preston!” Start planning your Preston visit today!