Root River Trail Towns cancels annual 60-Mile Garage Sale
Root River Trail Towns was planning its sixth consecutive 60-Mile Garage Sale on June 19-20, but concerns due to the spread of the COVID-19 virus have forced its cancellation. The garage sales usually take place in the nine towns along the Root River State Trail, as well as locations in between.
Trail Towns President, Gabby Kinneberg, said, “The 60-Mile Garage Sale has brought in visitors and garage sale enthusiasts from across Minnesota and surrounding states the past several years. We’ve seen its popularity increase each year. Unfortunately, with the projections for continued COVID-19 transmission and the need to continue physical distancing, we feel it best to cancel the event this year. We hope the 60-Mile Garage Sale in June 2021 can be even bigger as more area residents and organizations join in by having a sale.”
Root River Trail Towns is a non-profit agency led by volunteer representatives of each town that work together to promote the Root River State Bike Trail System as a regional destination, and to link people to an outdoor experience while fostering community connections. For more information, visit www.rootrivertrail.org.
When the nine Root River Trail Towns team up the same weekend to hold garage sales, you have a huge 60-Mile Garage Sale!
If you have any questions, please contact the local chamber office.
- Fountain: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 507-268-4923 (Monday-Thursday)
- Preston: email@example.com or call 507-765-2481
- Harmony: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 507-886-2469
- Lanesboro: email@example.com or call 507-467-2696
- Whalan: Call 507-467-3044
- Rushford/Rushford Village/Peterson: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 507-864-3338
- Houston: email@example.com or call 507-896-4033